I'm sure you've seen this product - a brush that can straighten your hair! Have you wondered if it would work? Well, I did! So, I bought one.
Here is some information from the Simply Straight Ceramic Straightening Brush's website:
- It combines the power of a flat iron with the gentle styling ability of a brush to make straightening your hair as easy as brushing your hair!
- The ceramic wrapped bristles lift hair at the root to deliver gentle heat around every strand, without flattening or frying your hair
- It works on all types of hair
- It heats up to 450℉ fast
- It's great for travel
- It won’t damage hair
- It has a 60 minute auto shut off
- It has an LCD display screen to display temperature
Are all of these claims true??? Watch the video below to find out!!!
Just kidding! I'll tell you the details here also.
Is it easy? Yes. You do just brush your hair. But you have to put a little power behind it. More than a flat iron, for sure.
Does it work on all types of hair? No. This did not work on my coarse, curly hair. But it worked nicely on my friend who tried it at my house. But her hair was already straight. Easier for her to use than a flat iron to get her hair extra sleek, though.
Does it heat up fast? Not at all. It's the slowest styling tool I own.
Is it great for travel? Maybe. If you have straight or wavy hair, you could probably bring this instead of a flat iron for a quick option to straighten your hair.
Does it damage your hair? Of course it does. It's heat. All heat damages your hair, ceramic or not. Don't fool yourself.
Overall, I don't recommend this to anyone with textured hair. Natural, curly girls - stay away!!! Girls with fine, mildly wavy hair - TRY IT! It's fairly inexpensive. I say it's worth a try.
If you want to try one out, feel free to order from Amazon with my affiliate link -
Until next time!!!
Until next time!!!